The El Paso Downtown Arts District was designated by the Texas Commission on the Arts in October 2011.
The Downtown Arts District is anchored by museums, performing arts facilities, public artworks, greenspaces and tourist amenities like the El Paso Convention Center.
The Downtown Arts District is a lively place for visitors of all ages. In fact, during an average year the Downtown Arts District has:
- 50 exhibitions, ranging from local to major traveling collections from national/international museums
- 21 symphony orchestra performances and 4 grand opera performances
- 5 touring Broadway productions and 30 local theatrical productions
- 150 open-air concerts
- 200 lectures and workshops
- 80 children’s camps and 125,000 students on field trips
- 10 major arts/cultural festivals
- Daily opportunities for local artists to present, sell or perform work
The Downtown Arts District is managed by the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department (MCAD) and jointly managed with the El Paso Downtown Management District.
Please see PLAN YOUR VISIT for a map and complete list of venues in the Downtown Arts District